COVID-19 Statement on Resuming our Services and Ensuring Safe Practice.
From 1st August, Feel Good Co-operative will provide a limited range of services. We have carried out full Risk Assessments, and will continue to adhere strictly to guidelines from the Government, The Health and Safety Executive, Public Health England, our Professional Associations and our Insurances.
We have taken a considerable amount of time and care in order to produce safe systems, and mitigate risk as far as is reasonably practical. These procedures will be continually reviewed and updated whenever official guidance changes.
Everyone is responsible for the health and safety of themselves and those around them, and we expect our clients to co-operate with the measures that we have put in place, and to ensure that our volunteers are not put at risk.
COVID-19 Infection Control Procedures:
- When clients contact us to make an appointment, we will now be carrying out a COVID-19 risk assessment in addition to our usual pre-book screening. Clients who have previously been diagnosed with COVID-19, or are considered Clinically Extremely Vulnerable, will require a GP or Consultant Consent before proceeding.
- When our therapists contact clients to confirm an appointment 24 hours beforehand, they will run through a symptom checklist. If any answers are positive, we will cancel the booking, and recommend that clients get tested and self-isolate for 10 days.
- At the start of every session, clients will be expected to sign and date a COVID-19 health Statement, which will include giving permission for their contact details to be provided to the NHS Test and Trace Programme if required. If a client does not wish to sign, we will have to cancel the appointment.
- We ask that all clients call their therapist immediately to cancel an appointment if, on the day, they have a temperature or any other symptoms of COVID-19.
- Our therapists will be following strict COVID-19 Infection Control Procedures, including their own personal health check each day. If any of our therapists develop COVID-19 symptoms, they will immediately cancel all appointments and begin self-isolating.
- Our therapists will have thoroughly cleaned and disinfected any equipment that they bring with them.
- We would appreciate, if possible, clients using disinfectant wipes on any surfaces that our therapists may have to touch in your home, such as door bells, door knockers or door handles.
- Our therapists will be wearing a facemask or face covering and a visor. If practicable, we would ask that clients also wear a face covering.
- No other person should be present during the appointment, just the therapist and the client. Social distancing should be maintained before and after the treatment.
- We expect clients to wash their hands before and after the therapy, or use sanitizer if this is not practicable. Our therapists will bring their own hand sanitizer to use frequently throughout the session.
- In keeping with current government restrictions, there will be no face massage of any kind.
We will not be operating from any venues for the time being. However, when we do, we would ask that you follow all measures put in place by each venue. This will include using the correct entry and exit doors, following direction markers, maintaining social distancing on arrival and when leaving and using a face covering.
Our therapists will also have COVID-19 Secure Checklists appropriate to each venue.
- We will be allowing additional time between appointments to thoroughly clean all equipment and surfaces.
- We will be using additional disposable products.
- We will expect clients to arrive unaccompanied for their appointment.
- We will expect clients to wash their hands on arrival, and before leaving.